Job Vacancy: Internal Sales/Contract Support (Hayley Rail Halesowen)Member News
To apply send CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Hayley Rail is the Rail industry focused
division of Hayley Group LTD. The Hayley Group is the largest independent
distributor of engineering products tools and consumables in the United
Kingdom. The Group employs over 500 people and currently turns over £100M,
through a network of 40 branches across the UK.
Hayley have focused on Rail as a key industry sector for over 11 years, and provide our customers with excellent service from our four Rail depots situated in Manchester, Halesowen, Edinburgh and West Thurrock.
We have expertise in all areas of the Rail industry and we are currently working with Train Operating Companies, Freight Operating Companies, OEMs and infrastructure partners to deliver products such has Hand Tools, PPE, Fasteners, Power Tools, Lubricants and other industrial products thats part of our services that add value to our customers operations.
An exciting position of Internal Sales/contract support has become available for the right candidate at the West Midlands branch.
Job Title: Internal Sales/Contract Support (Halesowen Birmingham)
Location: Site 3, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 3XL
Full Time Working Hours: 40 hours Monday to Friday plus Saturday mornings by Rota currently one in 4. Additional working hours may be required during busy periods
Purpose: Projecting a professional company image through phone interaction, by undertaking a multi-tasking role encompassing customer communications, promotion & profitable sale of goods across the product range, providing supply-chain solutions to customer requirements, and associated administration and support tasks.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- The efficient response to incoming phone enquiries and orders
- Achieve profitable sale of goods across the product range, up-selling as appropriate
- Build rapport with customers, establishing credibility when providing product and service information
- Prompt follow-up on customer enquiries not immediately resolved
- To utilise Hayley bespoke IT system to accurately identify, source and price items; to accurately record enquiries and orders, invoices and other documentation.
- Undertake ad hoc purchasing tasks, including placing orders with suppliers
- Work with management/colleagues to identify improvements to services and products
- Research and source solutions using internet and Hayley bespoke IT package
- Resolve customer invoice queries, liaising with Hayley HQ Accounts team and other Hayley colleagues as appropriate
- Sales & purchasing admin support including accurate filing and retrieval of documentation
- To undertake other similar or associated duties as may be assigned to you
Knowledge & Skills requirements:
- Product knowledge of Hand Tools, PPE and general industrial products of over 3 years would be a distinct advantage.
- Willing and able to learn about and support new products
- Proficient in basic computer applications (Excel, Outlook & Word)
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills, numerate
- Customer focused, driven to provide consistent high level of service
- Problem solver and solution provider
- Takes personal responsibility for timely and accurate fulfillment of customer requirements
- Flexible working approach to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Flexible, multi-tasking willing to undertake additional tasks in order to meet customer requirements and to assist in other areas as may be required
- Able to priorities a varied workload to meet operational demands
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team environment.